Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Spoon Butter

No, it is not something you eat. When I bought my beautiful wood chopping block which I like to call a "pretty pretty".  Which means we don't actually use it.  My oldest son apparently did not get that memo. I walked into the kitchen one day and found him using it.  Ugh!  Oh, well.


When I purchased the chopping block I also purchased some mineral oil.  I used it once and then it sat in my cabinet under the sink.  I never thought of it again until I read a blog post from Heidi at 101 Cookbooks.  I love that blog.  If you haven't checked out her blog then head over there right after here.  You won't be disappointed.  Back to the butter.  I had to make this stuff.  I had bees wax and coconut oil and the time.  Why?  I am on a new path of healthier eating and a healthier lifestyle.  I am doing a 180 degree turn in my life.  I figure if so much of what I have believed in the past is now turning out to be a lie, then what else? When I bought the mineral I thought it had to be okay.  But mineral oil is a by-product of distillation of petroleum to produce gasoline and other petroleum-based products from crude oil and I don't want that in my food.  So, I made spoon butter. In the picture below I used it on the lemon juicer but not on the wooden spoons yet.  See how much nicer the lemon juicer looks than the spoons.  If you also want to make spoon butter then head over to 101 Cookbooks and Heidi can show you how!  It is so simple!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment