Sunday, August 12, 2012

Best Sweet Tea, Ever!

I grew up in Louisiana and we drank Community Coffee.   But us southerners also drank tea.  Alot of tea.  Just recently, my sister and I went to Richmond to look for some bathtubs for her bathroom.  We stopped off and had lunch and our waitress brought us sweet tea.  Before she even set it down I could smell that this was going to be awesome tea.  I am not kidding.  It was the best tea ever!  What is funny is that it was Community tea.  So I had to order some.  You can order at there website here.  But my tea was never as good.  Until, I came across a recipe. A secret you could say.  Who knew you needed a recipe for tea.  But this is it! 

4 cups of water
1/4 tsp. baking soda
12 regular tea bags
1 1/2 cups of sugar
12 cups of  cold water

Boil 4 cups of water
add 1/4 tsp of baking soda and 12 regular tea bags in a glass bowl
pour boiling water over tea bags
cover and steep 15 minutes
then add sugar and stir until completely disolved
then add 12 cups of cold water
then sit in fridge and let it get cold

I don't use any metal other than the pot to boil the water.  I find that metal ladles or plastic containers change the taste of the tea.

Once chilled sit back and enjoy the best sweet tea EVER!  Oh, if you want less bitter coffee you can add 1/4 tsp to the coffee grounds.  It makes for a smooth coffee!  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment